Seeing Good at Work: A Teacher’s Experience

Seeing Good at Work: A Teacher’s Experience

I love Seeing Good at Work! This book has been a life saver for me, and without it I might not be at work.

I have been through the book three times over three years, and am starting it again. This is not because the material in the book is not working, but because it is working so well! The weekly lessons keep me on track and focused on what is actually true and important, and help me experience more good in every area of my life.

Each week’s reading is short and easy to read yet filled with great information, advice, and profound insights. The opening quotes add so much, and the concluding short “Remind Yourself” phrases are very effective in helping me to remember, feel, and experience the benefits of the reading.

Right from the beginning in Week One – “Questioning Your Reactions” -- I was reminded that I choose my reactions. The application exercises helped me examine my thoughts and feelings, and lift my perception to a higher understanding to remember that good is present in any situation.

This book has made me more aware of what I’m saying, hearing, thinking and doing. For example, the material for Week Nine -- “Are You Blessing or Cursing?” – allowed me to see that my conversations with co-workers were often about what was wrong rather than what was right. I began to realize I was doing more “cursing” than “blessing,” and that I was in fact working against my own good intentions to improve my life. Through the applications exercises, combined with my own daily affirmations, I was able to turn things around and experience the blessings that were all around. Not only did I notice the change in me, so did my co-workers!

My favorite topic comes in Week 18 -- “Water Off a Duck’s Back.” I use that phrase and image on a regular basis. One of my co-workers and I say it to each other when we want to lighten up and let go of negativity.

Sometimes, I find a week’s topic to be more difficult for me. It took me two weeks to do “Not Blaming.” But even when the week’s topic is challenging, I enjoy it and benefit from it.

Thanks to this book, I have become a healthier and happier person!

L.S.


No comments:

Post a Comment